The history of the product began in April 2012. I was a web designer and the head of a small group of developers who were building websites for customers from the USA and Europe.
We had a problem showing the site to the client during development or when the site was ready. There were no ready-made solutions, and we made the plugin for ourselves and later made it free for the WordPress community.
Maintenance allows the WordPress site administrator to close the site into the coming soon mode.
If the site is not ready, you can set up a temporary stub page with all the necessary information for users and simultaneously develop the website. Or leave maintenance page for next year.
- When technical work, updates, new functionality are performing on the site, the maintenance is turned on, and the user does not see the update process, errors, etc.
- When the site is ready for the client, we want to show the result, the client considers the temporary page “The site is under development” and a logical form, after authorization, the client sees the site we made.
- A temporary page can be a site for business, with plugins you can configure the page as coming soon, add all the necessary information, contact form, subscription, etc.
- Contribution to the WordPress community
- Development company get new leads
- Popular and useful product in the portfolio
WordPress, PHP, HTML, CSS, JS, jQuery
After testing the product MVP on customers, I received positive feedback and the question of where to download this plugin. I decided to release Maintenance as a free plugin. On the first day, there were more than 3000 installations and questions about the pro version. Within several months, the Maintenance PRO addon was built, which works as an addition to the free version.